PAX INRANTIBUS | History of Villa Lantz

Villa Lantz is a historic manor house in Düsseldorf. The more than 200-year-old building is not only very well-known, but also has a rich tradition for the entire city. In 1804, Heinrich Balthasar Lantz acquired the knight’s seat Lohausen from Ferdinand Freiherr von Calcum. Probably one or two years later, the Lantz mansion was built on the foundations of an old 13th-century water castle.

The Lantz family lived in the estate in five generations before the city of Dusseldorf acquired the manor house and surrounding park in 1972. Thereupon the gallery owner Alfred Schmela moved to Villa Lantz in 1979 and created a sculpture park on the surrounding area, which still exists to parts today.

After that, the sculptor and artist Meuser lived in the manor house until 2008. Thereafter, the Villa Lantz was empty for about 10 years, before it passed in 2018 from the city of Dusseldorf into the possession of the PONGS Group. After intensive restoration and renovation works, the office and showrooms of the PONGS Group and Living Concept Consulting GmbH were set up.

Today Villa Lantz is a unique hotspot for exceptional interiors, textile architecture and design. The golden letters of “PAX INTRANTIBUS” still radiates the splendor of old times: Peace to the entrants.

Facts | Information

1804 |

Heinrich Balthazar Lantz acquires the knight seat Lohausen from Ferdinand Freiherr von Calcum.

1972 |

After the Lantz family lived in the estate for five generations, the city of Dusseldorf bought the Villa Lantz and the surrounding park.

2008 |

Afterwards, the sculptor and object artist Meuser lives in the mansion until 2008. Thereafter, the Villa Lantz is empty for about 10 years.

2019 |

Today, the office and showrooms of the PONGS Group and the Living Concept Consulting GmbH are located in the Villa Lantz. Both companies are in the hands of the Düsseldorfer family Lautenbach.

1805-1806 

In the following years, the manor of the Lantz family was built on the foundations of an ancient 13th-century moated castle

 

| 1979

The gallery owner Alfred Schmela moves into the Villa Lantz and builds a sculpture park on the surrounding areas, some of them still exists today.

| 2018

The city of Dusseldorf sells Villa Lantz to the PONGS Group, followed by intensive restoration works.